Suggestions for New Students
- As you practice, remember that all these exercises are stretches — make them as pleasant and luxurious as those exuberant stretches you used to do spontaneously as a child, and enjoy the refreshing sense of well-being.
- Wear clothing you can move easily in (no baggy clothes, as they obscure alignment). Bare feet are essential.
- Do not wear perfume or heavy jewelry.
- It is best not to eat a meal before class. A light snack a few hours ahead is okay.
- It is important to be on time for class. Class begins with a warm-up that is both physical and informational which prepares you for what follows. Be ready to enjoy and have fun!